Yep, I’ve got some goals for Twenty-Thirteen…
The Jan/Feb issue of Health Magazine had this little interesting tidbit on keeping resolutions/forming a habit:
Like the little note says, I’ll be checking in on March 7th for my first goal review.
So without further adieu, here are my 5 goals for this year:
1. FIT BY 30! That’s right, I’m turning the big 3-0 this year and I’m so excited! I have 8 months and 15 days to get healthier and fitter than I was in my 20s…because my 20s were fun, but not so healthy until, well, I hit almost 29. No between the leg chub rub and a somewhat flat tummy are on the top of my list!
2. Read more for pleasure. I’m not a huge reader of books unless it has to do with school, and I have an addiction to running magazines and training books. Since I am taking on more school this year, my goal is to read 12 new books in 2013 (aka 1 book a month)
3. Get faster. I want a 5k and half marathon PR, and of course, by finishing my first marathon in October, I’ll be PR-ing 26.2 miles this year! Oh and take on some trail running while I’m at it….
4. Get more flexible. I like yoga, but I don’t love it yet. I really want to get into practicing 2-3 times a week. When I did that this fall, I was more relaxed and just felt better. I want to perfect the Downward Dog, and be able to put my heels to the floor. Oh, and two challenge poses? Yes, please.
Challenge pose #1
Challenge Pose #2
5. Save money. I think this one speaks for itself. I don’t have a certain dollar amount I want to have in my savings account, but certainly more than I do right now!
Do you make New Years Resolutions or Goals?