It’s already July 1st! While 2013 is going by super-fast, I am (just a little) disappointed to say I’ve only met one (heck yea for my savings account!!) of my New Years goals! Yikes. They were a hair ambitious given I started the year working full-time, going to school, and trying to do much in general. That being said, instead of dwelling on my failed resolutions, I’m just revising them to be a little more realistic.
Here are my new goals for the rest of 2013:
1. Finish pre-calculus….currently I have a B average in the first class (163), which I’m thrilled about, and only 2 weeks left of class for this semester 🙂 Bring on 164 in the fall!
2. Here’s the obvious one….run a marathon! This will happen in October 2013 at the Mount Desert Island Marathon in Maine. So psyched! Also, complete a triathlon—I’ll be doing this in Richmond on August 18th–a birthday gift to myself 🙂
3. Focus on healthy eating and working out instead of dieting to get a “perfect body.” I turn 30 in 1.5 months, and although I’m not where I would like to be by 30, I’m well on my way there.
4. Blog more! I would really like to blog at least 3 times per week…instead of my usual one time a week workout post.
5. And the bonus goal: A yoga handstand. This also implies I’ll be doing yoga once a week (at least) so I can work my way into the handstand. Once my work week decreases to 3-4 days per week, I would like to actually go to a class at the Y.
There you have it, short and sweet. New goals for the second half of the year.
Does anyone else set new goals in the middle of the year? If so, is it a revision of your original resolutions/goals from January?